Using the definitions above, write some research questions that pertain to your research study proposal. How does family support impact one experiencing psychosis while incarcerated? Imagine you are creating a questionnaire and these are questions you would ask your subjects. If you have trouble shaping the questions to your proposal, then just write a question that fulfills that level of measurement. This week’s discussion board will focus on data. Data can be measured at different levels:
1. What is the nature and extent of family support available to individuals experiencing psychosis while incarcerated?
2. How does the presence or absence of family support affect the mental health outcomes of individuals with psychosis who are incarcerated?
3. To what extent does family support play a role in reducing recidivism rates among individuals with psychosis who are incarcerated?
4. How does the quality of family support (e.g., emotional support, financial support, visitation frequency) influence the psychological well-being of individuals with psychosis during their incarceration?
5. What are the specific challenges faced by families in providing support to individuals with psychosis who are incarcerated, and how do these challenges impact the effectiveness of the support provided?
6. In what ways does family support contribute to the overall rehabilitation process for individuals with psychosis who are incarcerated?
7. Are there differences in the levels and effects of family support based on the length of incarceration for individuals with psychosis?
8. How does the presence or absence of family support during incarceration impact the probability of successfully reintegrating into society for individuals with psychosis?
9. What are the perceptions of individuals with psychosis regarding the role of family support in their overall well-being and recovery while incarcerated?
10. How does family support influence the engagement and participation of individuals with psychosis in mental health treatment programs offered within correctional facilities?
These research questions aim to investigate and understand the role of family support in the context of individuals experiencing psychosis while incarcerated. It considers the impact of family support on various aspects such as mental health outcomes, recidivism rates, psychological well-being, rehabilitation processes, successful reintegration, and treatment engagement.
The measurement level of these questions primarily falls under the category of categorical or ordinal data. Categorical data refers to data that can be grouped into categories or labels, while ordinal data represents variables with a natural order or ranking. In the context of family support and psychosis in incarceration, the variables can be categorized and ranked based on the level or extent of support, the frequency of visitation, the quality of emotional or financial support, and the perceptions or experiences of individuals with psychosis.
For instance, question 4 measures the quality of family support by considering various aspects such as emotional support, financial support, and visitation frequency. This question can be measured on an ordinal scale, where respondents can rank their experiences or perceptions using a Likert scale or a ranking scale.
Question 6 measures the contribution of family support to the overall rehabilitation process, which can be categorized into different levels such as high contribution, moderate contribution, or low contribution. This question can be measured on a categorical scale, where respondents can choose from predetermined categories to indicate the level of contribution.
Question 9 explores the perceptions of individuals with psychosis regarding the role of family support in their overall well-being and recovery while incarcerated. These perceptions can be measured using a categorical scale, where respondents can select from options such as strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, or strongly disagree.
In summary, the research questions outlined above aim to explore the role of family support in individuals experiencing psychosis while incarcerated. These questions can be measured using categorical or ordinal data to investigate the impact and significance of family support on various aspects of the incarceration experience and mental health outcomes. Understanding the measurement level of the questions is crucial for designing an appropriate research methodology, such as developing questionnaires, conducting interviews, or analyzing existing data.